TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR BRITANNIA CAKE SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST
The specific terms and conditions, and the general terms and conditions, are collectively hereinafter referred to as “terms and conditions” for Britannia Cake Scholarship contest (“Contest”).
Specific terms and conditions
- This Contest is being conducted by Britannia Industries Limited (“Britannia”) for the promotion of education in children of 15 years of age or below (“Children”) as of the start date of the Contest and therefore, subject to the other eligibility criteria contained herein, is open to participation by Children and their parents or legal guardian – on behalf of Children. The terms and conditions apply to every person (“participant”) entering the Contest. The Contest will be open for participation from 1st December, 2018 to 15th January, 2019.
- By entering the Contest, all participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to abide by these terms and conditions. If you are not agreeable to any of the terms and conditions, please do not participate in this Contest.
- In order to be eligible to participate in the Contest, at the time of entering the Contest, the participant must be residing in any one of the following states: (a) West Bengal, or (b) Bihar, or (c) Jharkhand, or (d) Orissa, or (e) Assam, or (f) Manipur, or (g) Mizoram, or (h) Tripura, or (i) Arunachal Pradesh, or (j) Sikkim, or (k) Meghalaya, or (m) Nagaland; and must be an Indian citizen. All entries to the Contest will be automatically disqualified without notice if the eligibility criteria stated herein is not being met or if the participant uses his/her submission for commercial benefit using Britannia’s or its affiliates name(s).
- Participants below 18 years of age shall be allowed to participate with their parents or guardians providing the necessary documentation on behalf of the participant. In such a case, The parent or guardian (as the case may be) shall be required to provide the necessary documentation on behalf of the Children and shall be required to execute the documents as required.
- To participate in the Contest, participant has the option to enter the Contest by:
Visiting the micro-site (britanniacakescholarship.com) (“Site”), each participant must complete their entry by filling in the mandatory details sought in the form and submitting the same during the period specified; or
Giving a missed call at 9513674787, post which he/she shall receive a call-back asking the participant to provide the mandatory details sought.
- By entering the Contest, each participant promises that he or she fulfils the eligibility requirements. In the event of any dispute concerning the eligibility of any participant, Britannia’s decision shall be final.
- Subsequently, a lucky draw would be conducted on each day of the Contest period to shortlist participants. Shortlisted participants will be intimated and would have to further indicate their preference of participation in the subsequent round, viz. vide Site or by sending an SMS in the prescribed format.
- Within 72 (Seventy-Two) hours of being intimated of their shortlisting, the participant has to answer a question on the Site/vide or by sending SMS (as per preference indicated). Based on the creativity, uniqueness and originality of the answer as adjudged by a team of experts from Britannia, one (1) winner will be chosen for each day of the Contest (“Winners”).
- The Winners will receive a monetary prize worth Rupees One Lac Only (Rs. 100,000/-) post verification of the identity of the participant and Children. The prize may be subject to variation at the discretion of Britannia.
- The prizes for this Contest will be given to the Winners as set out in these terms and conditions. Each Winner must accept his/ her prize in that form. The prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise. Britannia reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if a prize or a component of it cannot be awarded or utilized due to reasons as described.
- Britannia or its partner-agency pertaining to the Contest shall attempt to contact participants on each stage of the Contest regarding their shortlisting and winning (as the case may be). However, Britannia is not responsible for failure to contact any potential winner(s), and will not be responsible for following up or awarding the prizes to any selected participant(s) who do not respond to messages, e-mail or telephone calls regarding the same, within reasonable timelines or the timelines specified above, as the case may be, for any reason whatsoever.
- The Winners shall be liable for any taxes, duties, perquisite tax, income tax and/or surcharges that may be levied on the Contest prizes/ awards and for any expenses not specified in the description of the prizes.
- Contest entries and any materials (whether in written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) of the participants will be deemed to be the property of Britannia and Britannia shall have the right, in perpetuity, to use the material in any medium (including internet) free of charge and in any reasonable manner it sees fit. All present and future intellectual property rights in any such material become and remain the sole property of Britannia. The participant hereby expressly, irrevocably and unconditionally waives, to the maximum extent possible, all moral rights to which he/she may now or at any time be entitled in respect of any video, photo, film or other document protected by intellectual property rights.
General terms and conditions
- Employees of Britannia or their relatives or employees of Britannia's affiliates, group companies, and marketing and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions (including instructions) will disqualify any participant from continuing to take part in the Contest and such Participant's participation will be invalid. Britannia retains the sole discretion to refuse participants the right to participate if it is of the view that these terms and conditions are being violated.
- Britannia reserves the right to change any details of the Contest, including but not limited to amending these terms and conditions; the type of contest, submission mechanism, eligibility criteria, term of the Contest, and the prizes for the Contest. Britannia reserves the right to amend, temporarily suspend or withdraw the Contest in its absolute discretion provided that Britannia Brand shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
- Britannia shall not be liable to award/provide the prize(s) and/or declare the winners of the prizes of the Contest due to any cause beyond its reasonable control or foresight, including but not limited to, act of god, insurrection or civil disorder, religious strife, war or military operations, terrorist act, partial or total strikes, either internal or external, lock-out, epidemic, blockage of means of transport or of supplies, national or local emergency, earthquake, fire, storm, flood, water damage, governmental, regulatory or legal restrictions, acts or omissions of persons for whom Britannia is not responsible.
- By entering this Contest, participants agree to hold harmless Britannia, its agencies, the judges and its affiliates, against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of: (i) participant's participation in the Contest; (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded; and (iii) the administration of the Contest and the distribution of prizes awarded. Participants hereby release, waive and discharge any and all claims of damage, loss or causes of action (including negligence) including but not limited to loss or damage to person or property which the participant and his/her representatives or assignees may have, suffer or which may hereinafter accrue to the participant or as a result of the participant's participation in the Contest or use of the prizes awarded.
- Britannia reserves the right to disqualify any participant who tampers with the entry process or submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Britannia, engaged in conduct in entering or participating in the Contest which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Contest and/or Britannia. Britannia reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if it becomes aware that the winner and/or the Winner's entry/conduct falls under the ambit of a type described in this paragraph. Further, Britannia shall have the right to initiate necessary civil/criminal proceedings against such individuals indulging in such actions.
- The participant warrants that he/she holds the relevant rights to any and all materials submitted by him/her as part of the Contest including but not limited to all details mentioned on the entry form (“materials”), and he/she has obtained all necessary consents, if any, and neither the materials nor its exploitation by Britannia or its affiliates will infringe any rights of any third party. The participant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Britannia, its affiliates, its agencies and the judges of the Contest from any and all liability, loss, costs, damage, judgment, or expense (including reasonable attorney’s fees) resulting from or arising in any way out of any such claims by any third parties and/or which are based upon, or are the result of any breach of the warranties in this paragraph.
- All participants acknowledge and agree that the decisions of Britannia with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- Britannia shall not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, delayed, incomplete or destroyed entries and all such entries are void and may be disqualified at any time. Britannia does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, lost delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/ data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- Britannia is not liable for any problems, errors, or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to, any damage to the participant's computer or other technical device, or software, as a result of the participant's participation in this Contest. Britannia shall not be liable in any way for any failure or breach by any party in connection with this contest, prize or prizes and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by a participant arising from this contest, prize or prizes.
- Britannia and/or any agency appointed by it, will collect participants' and Children’s personal information in order to conduct the Contest and subsequently for verification of the identity of the Children, participant and their relationship. If the information requested is not provided, the participant would not be eligible to participate in the Contest. By entering the Contest, unless otherwise advised, each participant also agrees that Britannia, agency appointed by it to carry out the Contest or aspects thereof, and/or Britannia’s affiliates may use this information, or disclose it to other organizations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the participant. Participants' personal information may be disclosed to government authorities and winners' names may be published.
- Prizes will be given subject to the Winner satisfying the verification process of Britannia. The documents required for verification purposes would include the following, for the participant & Children (as may be applicable):
- The pack with the lot number clearly visible that was entered by the participant in the entry
- Address proof (electricity bill or mobile bill or aadhar card or voter ID card)
- Mobile number proof.
- Date of Birth proof (aadhar card or PAN card or date of birth certificate or school marksheet) – Submission of this document is mandatory for Children.
- Cancelled cheque.
- Proof of relationship between Children and guardian/parent (Birth certificate or Passport or Aadhar Card or School Certificate or notarized affidavit).
- The information each participant provides will additionally be used for the purposes of administering this Contest and the prizes. All rights are reserved.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. Indian laws shall be exclusively applicable to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest or these terms and conditions. The courts at Bengaluru shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contest.